Can we just take a moment to breath in the beauty of this stunning cover?
I confess, I had no idea what this book was about when I grabbed it. I had see the cover and heard the buzz but I did not know this was a Alice in Wonderland related book.
Fun fact: I did not know I was such a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland reads until last year. Now on to my review.
This book is not about Alice but the Queen of Hearts. If follows the wonderland seeped journey of Catherine as she transforms into the Red Queen. You will fall fast in love with Cath as follows her dream to become a baker and does her best to thwart the bumbling King’s plan to maker her his Queen. When Cath meets Jest, the new court jester she finds herself falling for him.
What I love about this book:
- Catherine’s character is delightfully done from beginning to end.
- I adored the wonderland she presented & her take on the characters we know and love from AIW.
- The language. Cath is a baker and the writing is this book made me delightfully hungry. I wanted to taste those lemon tarts and I don’t even like lemon desserts.
- I love how the writer wove other written works into the story. The Raven and Peter Peter Pumpkin eater will always have a place in wonderland in my mind.
- I began listening to this book on audio and then finished it in ebook form. I loved both presentation’s equally. The Audio version is beautifully done and complements the work.
- All of the Characters. Every single one. Chess. Jes
Read this book if:
- You are a fan of Alice in Wonderland, Splintered, or other related reads.
- You are a fan of Marissa Meyer. She does not disappoint.
- You want to take a magical journey and find your inner child.
- You secretly wonder why villains become villains.
- You are not afraid to risk hunger from the tasty descriptions.
To wrap it up. Yes, I loved this book. I highly recommend it with 5 of 5 stars. It has a permanent place on my Favorite books list.
If you have another Alice In Wonderland inspired books that you think I should read please leave a comment!