I have a new book love. Yes, I fell in love with this book from the first pages and it help me captive to the very last page. I enjoy a lot of books but only a select few have a special place in my heart. I enjoyed the Legend series by Marie Lu but this one takes the cake. I have already started devouring the next book in the series. So, lets get to the good stuff.
What this book is about:
A decade after the blood fever swept through the nation, some survivors have developed strange markings during their time of illness. The children with visible markings became known as ″malfettos″. The blood fever gifted some of these ″malfetto″ children with strange abilities. Those with powers became known as The Young Elites. The Inquisition Axis believes that Young Elites are dangerous and vengeful and will destroy the nation. This story follows Adelina Amouteru as she discovers her powers, flee’s for her life and crosses paths with the Young Elites.
What I Loved:
- The relationship between the sisters. The story paints realistic portrait of sibling love, jealousy, and discovery.
- Adelina struggles with her imperfections from the blood fever, the development of her power, and her emotions as she must choose between saving her sisters and her loyalty to the Young Elites.
- This book has tension that kept me on the edge of my seat.
- The characters are all well developed and their powers are well written.
- The audio book presentation of this book is excellent.
You should read this book if:
- If you enjoy books with characters who have powers and abilities.
- If you enjoyed the Legend Series.
- If you love books with a strong female lead who is tired of being abused and takes charge of her life.
- If you are a fan of Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- I personal think everyone should read this book but I may biased based on it being one of my favorites.
Want to hear more about it? Check out my video review on youtube.