Anxiety Girl by Lacy London
Do you struggle with Anxiety or know someone who does? The title of this book and the focus on Anxiety is what prompted me to read this book. I am glad I did. I deal with severe reoccurring depression and generalized anxiety and I enjoy reading books that address with those issues in a responsible realistic manner.
While I did not click with the main character right away it did not take long for me root for here when she began to experience anxiety. The author did an excellent job portraying the experience of anxiety.
This story follows Sadie, a young woman who finds herself battling a broken heart but soon discovers that there is a lot more going on inside her. Anxiety takes hold and she no longer finds it easy to to hide her troubles. Deep in anxiety with her life falling to pieces Sadie struggles with fear, shame, and comes to the realization that she needs help.
What I Love:
- Realistic portrayal of anxiety
- Supportive characters who help Sadie
- The unsupportive characters show a realistic portrait of how people tend to misunderstand
- Well written & Easy to read
Who Should Read:
- Anyone who deals with Anxiety or Mental illness
- Anyone who loves and cares for someone with Anxiety or Mental Illness
- Fans of Contemporary Fiction
- Those who are already fans of this Bestselling Author
*price at the time of review