Ingrid intends to be a strong Viking shield maiden. She is determined to prove to her family that she has what it takes, in spite of her small stature and the coddled life they have given her. When she convinces her friend Shelby to stowaway on one of the boats with her she quickly discovers that she may have taken on more than she can handle. Her voyage turns into a magical adventure when she finds her self-shipwrecked and at the mercy of some strange creatures and faces the truth about her hidden memories and abilities. Ultimately, Ingrid must choose between the path she always wanted and one chosen for her.
What I loved about this book:
- Grand adventures with unexpected companions
- Mixing the Viking lifestyle with magic
- Ingrid grows as a character and learns to rely on her strengths
- A bit of romance, a strong friendship, and Ingrid finds a rather grumpy new pal
- Great setup for sequel, I want to know what happens to Ingrid
- It was a quick and easy read.
Who should read this book:
- Fans of Vikings and magical beings
- Readers who want a taste of romance that doesn’t overwhelm the story
- Readers who like quirky sidekicks might enjoy Ingrid’s new pal
- If you like a light fantasy read mixed with a touch of history.
My Personal take on this book:
Well written, easy to read, and entertaining. It kept my attention and I felt satisfied at the end. I enjoyed reading this magical Viking adventure and look forward to the next book from this author.
You can find Naomi Jane Kelly’s book on Amazon. It is currently available as a kindle unlimited selection. Visit Naomi’s website to learn more
Have you read a great indie ya, fantasy, sci-fi, or historical fiction book? I would love to hear more.