The first week of the #justcreatechallenge was a blast to create and participate in. Like any new thing, It had a few hiccups and bumps. I confess that I love to plan. I am good at planning. Does this mean I carefully planned this challenge and took time to put it together before throwing it out to the internet world?
At times my impulsive nature takes over and I just dive into things. Headfirst, with a passion but only the vaguest idea of what I am doing. That is exactly how this idea and challenge came to be. I had an idea that ignited passion in me. I put it into action with a tiny bit of thought and little preplanning.
This is not always the best way to do things but it is a great way to learn as you go. Here is what I learned the first week of the challenge.
- I love creating prompts
- Instagram does not love my prompts & I did not like the way they looked on my photo feed.
- Twitter chats are fun but need more planning, promotion, and participants to be worth the time.
- People used my prompts to create and if even one person benefits from one of the prompts then I accomplished what I started.
- Creating the prompts daily was fun but left me little time to participate in my own challenge.
Overall, I am happy with the challenge. The changes I will be making this week are as follows:
- On Monday I will post a week’s worth of challenge prompts on my website. I will still tweet and share each daily prompt on Facebook and Twitter.
- For Instagram, I will share one post linking to the prompts each week and share some of my own writing and art related to those prompts.
- Twitter Chat. I am going to give it another go this week. I hope you will join me. This weeks topic will be Creating Characters using Prompts.